This week’s episode features one of the busiest fingerstyle guitarists in the game – Chris Woods Groove.
Based in the U.K., Chris Woods Groove has an impressive list of accomplishments in the fingerstyle guitar realm, including the publishing of his book Percussive Acoustic Guitar, creating video lessons for Acoustic Guitar Magazine, organizing and hosting the London Guitar Night, and most recently his latest project – the Chris Woods Groove Orchestra.
It was great getting to hear Chris’s story – I think you will really enjoy this podcast.
Songs featured: Edinburgh, Amygdala Pt. 1 (Chris Woods Groove Orchestra)
- Story of putting the “Groove” in “Chris Woods Groove”
- Chris’s backstory
- Percussive Fingerstyle Guitar book
- Gaining confidence in composing your own music
- London Guitar Night (Held on 1st Sunday of every month at The Troubadour in London)
- Chris Woods Groove Orchestra
- When do you know a fingerstyle song is ready?
- Red Room collaboration with Jon Hart and Candyrat Records
- Artist to check out: Amrit Sond
- Logarhythm stomp box
- Martin 000X1
- Fulltone OCD Overdrive Pedal
- Mimesis Kudos Pickups